Monday, January 2, 2012

Banana Nut Chip Bread

Bananas are, by far, my favorite fruit and I'm very picky about their ripeness.  They have to be mostly yellow with a moderate amount of green.  Get them to full yellow and I can barely stomach them, and anything beyond that (when they start to get the little brown spots!) grosses me out!  A few days even later.....that's when they make the perfect bread!  I even know people that eat their bananas like this and it literally makes me want to vomit.  Anyway, when they get to the super ripe, almost fragrant point, I like to make the following bread.  It's amazing and you will want to eat the entire pan in one sitting.  Try it and let me know what you think!






Here is what you will need ~

1/2 cup butter                     1 Tbsp hot water                    
1/2 cup sugar                      1-1/2 cup flour
1 egg                                    1/4 tsp salt
2-3 bananas, mashed        1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda               1/2 cup chocolate chips and nuts (if you like)

 
















Cream butter and sugar together; add egg and bananas, mixing well.  In a coffee cup, dissolve baking soda in water and add to banana mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.  Place in a sprayed loaf pan - I always use a metal one, but glass works just fine also.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.  Mine baked for 50 and could have probably come out a couple minutes earlier ~ was a bit dark on the edges, but definitely not burned at all. 














You could also make this into muffins, too, and all you would need to switch up would be to put in muffin tins, (obviously!), and bake at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes. Enjoy!!


No comments: