Thursday, January 26, 2012

Product Spotlight: TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo

Each week I am going to spotlight & review a beauty product that I'm currently using and I will also have it shown in the sidebar.  

I have sooooo many hair, makeup, face, and body products, so I want to let you all know how well they work and why I love them so much.

This week's superstar is the TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo.  



This shiz is good!
I wash my hair every other day so this product is great for my second day hair.  I have been using it for a couple of years now and really like it.  

The only downfall is that it's a bit pricey.  I think it runs about $20 a bottle, and even though it will last a couple of months, I'm sure there are cheaper ones that work just as well.

When I want to style my hair, I spray it pretty liberally all over the roots in the front, sides, and a bit on the top.  It gives my hair quite a bit of hold so I can style it how I want and really makes it look just washed.  Some dry shampoos leave the hair looking a whitish-gray from the powder but this one doesn't really; well since my hair is blonde, I can't tell too much, but even when my roots are grown out I don't see it.

I have heard others say that their's has run out pretty quickly or the nozzle gets clogged, but I've had mine for a good while and haven't had any problems.  

I don't use this every time with my second day hair and I can really tell a difference with the way it lays and how greasy it looks.  

You know that little spot you get in the back where you can tell you've laid your head on your pillow all nite?  Yea, me too.  It even helps with that!

Overall I would probably rate this 4/5 stars, mainly because of the steep price tag.

What kind of dry shampoos have you used that work/don't work?  



4 comments:

Jess said...

I need o try this stuff. I hate that I have to wash my hair everyday. I've tried a cheap version (Tresseme I think) and it just does not get the job done!

Thanks :)

xo

Amanda Nicole said...

I wanted to try this!! I have the Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo! I like it, I just haven't used it a lot. My mom is a hairstylist and a salon owner so I can get it for really cheap thank goodness because $20 is a lot for that. I just looked online and you can get the Big Sexy Hair one for about $12. Just type it in google and go to the shopping section and they have a bunch of different places you can buy it from!

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

I honestly can't figure out dry shampoos! Maybe I'm not putting enough on? Lol. I have tried one from Sephora! I forget what brand...

Unknown said...

I have TREsemme's dry shampoo, but haven't been too pleased with it. I will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog :)