Thursday, April 4, 2013

MAC painterly paint pot {review}


if you've never tried any of MAC's paint pots, i highly suggest you do.  they are definitely in my top 5 favorite beauty products of all time, especially painterly, as it's my favorite.



i remember when i bought it, the girl at the counter kind of look at me all snotty and said, 'you're not going to use that as a base, are you?'  well, yes and no.

painterly is actually a creamy eyeshadow that a lot of people use as a base. i use it both ways because it's perfect for both.  when i want a quick and easy look without much effort, i just slap some of it on and go, and when i use eyeshadow, it's my go-to base.  it goes on smooth, but has a little bit of stick when it dries so that shadows stick well to it and do not crease.

the main thing i love about painterly is that it goes well with my skin color.  it's kind of a skin color, beige that covers all my little purple veiny and red areas so my lids look flawless. it makes my face look like i have nothing on m eyes so it's very natural.  i have more of a pink undertone to my skin so it works really well for me.

i have had mine for over a year and have a ton of it left.  over time it does tend to dry out a bit because it is a cream, but i haven't noticed it too much and it still works fine for me.  i think soon i am actually going to be trying out soft ochre to see how it compares, because it has more of a yellow tone to it.  these run about $18, so they are a bit pricey, but for as long as they last, the price really isn't too bad.

go check this out because you will fall in love.

hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know!

xo.






post signature

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love my painterly pot! And it is expensive but I've had mine forever! Best eyeshadow base ever!